A few important points
- Use the mouse to navigate through the virtual tour or the menu.
- Click on a HOTSPOT to link to another area of the tour.
- The numbers on the pictures correspond with the notes below.
- Please allow a few seconds for these to load.
- NOTE: Always return to the first picture (Starting Point), to find all the HOTSPOTS for the entire tour.
Notes for Virtual Tour pictures
- Starting Point
This picture was taken from the top of a cave which has many rock art paintings, as well as fragments of hand tools.
- Braai Area
The braai area has two fire places. The bigger fire place further to the back is used for cooking. The kitchen facilities are housed separately nearby.
- Stone Cottage
Each cottage has its own private setting and bathroom.
- Inside Stone Cottage
The cottages are furnished simply, with white linen bedding.
When showering, you have a view of the distant Roggeveld mountains in the great Karoo.
- Walking Trail
This is near the starting point of the trail, which later leads into a long narrow kloof with high cliffs on either side.
- Splash Pool
This pool is right on top of a ±200m waterfall. Black Eagles nest lower down to the right in the high cliffs.
- Pass View Point
This road was built by using hand tools and wheelbarrows only. The distant valley below is part of a much bigger plain where most of the game is found.